Author Topic: Manchester Wheelers Cyclo-cross Sun 14th October 2018  (Read 8053 times)

Mick Style

• View Profile
Manchester Wheelers Cyclo-cross Sun 14th October 2018
« on: August 13, 2018, 08:13:02 PM »
Hello everybody!

Mick Style here, organiser of the Wheelers Cross Races over the past ten years. We have the Wheelers Cyclo-cross races coming up on Sunday 14th October at Heaton Park in Manchester and it would be great to get a bunch of Wheelers out to help as usual with the organisation. Duties will include course set-up, sign-on duties, judging and marshalling. In the first instance, could you post up on here if you can help out on the day. We get up to 500 racers across all categories on the day and we need c. 25 helpers in all including volunteers from the North West CX League, so any help would be gratefully received. It's a good social day out and fun watching the racing. Thanks in advance to the usual reliable helpers and anyone else, be great to hear from you! More details to follow in due course, but in the meantime, please post away!

Cheers, Mick

Dan Robinson

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Manchester Wheelers Cyclo-cross Sun 14th October 2018
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 09:35:19 PM »
Have shared this on Facebook and Twitter Mick.

Mark Pickles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 11:39:39 AM »
I'll help again Mick.
I'd like to race this time though. And it will be my debut! (assuming full recovery from a broken collar bone.) So anything that fits in around that and watching Alex in his race would be great.

Paul G

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 02:14:41 PM »
Mick, are you still short of helpful hands? If so, can you let me have details on timing and meeting etc and will see what I can do. Paul

Paul G

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 09:20:43 AM »
Mick. Good to meet you on Sunday. Enjoyed the event and I think it has inspired me to have a go at a later round.  For anyone who is  thinking of coming down to volunteer at an event, this was the second I have gone to and found the whole crowd welcoming,  friendly and the enthusiasm is infectious... so don't " may be " ... get involved.