Author Topic: MANCHESTER WHEELERS: Open Hilly Time Trial - Sunday, 29 April  (Read 8576 times)

Tom Goldthorpe

• View Profile
Our Open Hilly Time Trial is in two weeks time on Sunday, 29 April and we need some helpers please to allow the event to go ahead.

As an absolute minimum, we need 8 people, but a couple more would be very useful.  Please sign up below if you can help.  The main help will be needed from 12:00 until 3:30pm, but help to set up the course and at the HQ before that will be useful.  Once again, the HQ is at Warslow Village Hall in the Staffordshire Moors between Leek and Longnor.  Event details are here:

https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/race-details/16678

If you need transport, please let me know and we will try to organise lifts.  Someone has asked if there is a group of people riding out to the event.  If you are planning on riding there, please let me know so I can pass on the details.

If anyone wants to ride the event, entries close this Friday.  If you can ride and help either before or after please let me know and I will arrange your start time to suit.

Please either reply to this post, or email me and I will add your name to the list below. Email address = membership'at'manchesterwheelers'dot'uk.

Thanks in advance
Tom Goldthorpe

Helpers List:

1. Nick Green
2. Alan Gibworth
3. Andy Ashurst
4. David Tobin
5. John Carr
6. Chris Fox
7. Richard Bassett
8. Jason Dobson
9. Martin Belfield

Thanks everyone - that's a full complement.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 01:41:44 PM by Tom Goldthorpe »

Mark Pickles

• View Profile
Re: MANCHESTER WHEELERS: Open Hilly Time Trial - Sunday, 29 April
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 04:04:29 PM »
Hi Tom.
Many apologies. I am away that weekend for my eldests Rugby tour... Hope the event goes well. I really wanted to ride it this year too!

Tom Goldthorpe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 11:05:10 AM »
No worries Mark. Thanks for the reply.  Good luck for the rugby tour.

Tom Goldthorpe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 10:36:09 AM »
Okay. 1 person has had to drop out due to a shift change at work so we are now 3 people short.

The event cannot be run without the required number of marshals outlined on the risk assessment. The help I am asking for is not to make my life easier - IT'S BECAUSE WE WILL HAVE TO CANCEL THE EVENT UNLESS HELP COMES FORWARD.

If we do cancel the event, there will be a disciplinary to go through and there'll be repercussions, so it can't be cancelled on a whim, but if we can't put on a safe event we'll have no choice.

RichBassett83

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 09:17:17 AM »
I can help Tom. I live in Hayfield so will ride down and meet you there.

RichBassett83

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 12:08:23 PM »
Jason Dobson has also offered to help on the fb group.

martin_belfield

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 01:12:57 PM »
Hi Tom, I can help, I’ll drive from Stockport if anyone needs a lift. I’ll put a post on the FB page as well.

Tom Goldthorpe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 02:22:50 PM »
We've got a full complement of essential marshals and helpers now, so nobody else needed. Obviously anyone else is welcome to help share tasks, marshal a couple of non-essential, but helpful positions, take some photos, etc ;-)

Thanks everyone that has offered to help - was starting to get worried!